The next meeting of the Eastbourne Trades Council will be at 7.30pm, Tuesday 16th January, at the View Hotel (formerly T&G/Unite Centre) , Grand Parade, Eastbourne.
All local trade unionists (including retired trade unionists) are invited.
A G E N D A
1. Introductions and apologies for absence
2. Approval of any new affiliations.
3. Minutes of previous meeting (November) and matters arising
4. Treasurer's Report
(a) CWU Royal Mail dispute
(b) RMT Southern Rail dispute
(c) Teachers' Pay dispute with East Sussex County Council
(d) Other Union Campaigns
(a) MAY DAY: To confirm dates and provisional arrangements for the May Day march 2018.
(b) PRIDE: To agree any financial commitments for Pride 2018, and how to encourage more trade union participation in the parade.
(c) TOLPUDDLE: To update on possible transport to the Tolpuddle Martyrs Rally
(d) WORKERS' MEMORIAL DAY
7. NEWSLETTER: To approve content and budget for the newsletter which will be sent out prior to the AGM to act as our “annual report”
8. AGM- to confirm details of speakers, and nominee for the Len Caine Award